Features and Benefits:
- Optional reducing adapters accommodate a wide range of popular coaxial cables
- Solder termination types require no special assembly tools
- Crimp termination types provide a lower cost installation method
- Large-size threaded coupling is a rugged design
- Non-demanding specifications and low cost
Originally intended for use as a video connector in radar applications, UHF coaxial connectors are general purpose units developed for use in low frequency systems from 0.6 - 300 MHz. Invented for use in the radio industry in the 1930’s, UHF is an acronym for Ultra High Frequency because at the time 300 MHz was considered high frequency. They can be used when impedance mating is not required.
UHF connectors feature a threaded coupling. UHF connectors are economical and popularly used because of its ease of assembly. The UHF solderable screw-on termination feature requires no specialized crimping tools.